How do I refund commission to a Contractor?

Zenya Allen
Zenya Allen
  • Updated

The steps below show how you can refund a Contractors commission if you have deducted too much commission when updating Pay Contractor.

To refund money back to a Contractor from your Agency Fees, you can raise a negative invoice for Agency Fees on the Contractor Information.

This article includes: 

Add a negative invoice

  1. Double click Contractors from the side menu
  2. Search for the relevant Contractor using Search Text by Name, Code or Status
    1. Alternatively, find the Contractor using Additional Options from the dropdown menu
    2. Or select a Branch if multi branch is set up on your CFPwinMan
  3. Click Invoice
    1. Date - Enter todays date
    2. Item - Click Agency Fees
    3. Amount - Enter the amount you wish to refund as a NEGATIVE
    4. Click Update


Receipt as a negative

  1. Follow the steps above to Add a negative invoice
  2. Click Receipt
    1. Amount Received - Enter the same amount as a NEGATIVE
    2. Type - Select Internet from the dropdown menu
    3. Click Update


Bank Reconciliation

The negative amount will appear as a Debit on your Bank Reconciliation to represent the payment to the Contractor and a Debit on your Agency Fees.

The payment to the Contractor will need to be made manually through your bank.
For more information on Bank Reconciliation, click here