How do I part pay an expense to a Contractor?

Zenya Allen
Zenya Allen
  • Updated

The steps below show you how to deduct part of a Contractors expense from Landlord income when there is insufficient money to pay the full expense to your Contractor.

If the Landlord does not have enough income to cover a full expense, you can split the expense into two payments, in order to deduct what you can from the income and pay your Contractor some of the expense.


This functionality will not work on overseas Non-Resident Landlords due to the tax calculations which must be based on the whole expense

  1. Double click Landlords from the side menu
  2. Search for the relevant Landlord using Search Text by Name, Code or Status
    1. Alternatively, find the Landlord using Additional Options from the dropdown menu
    2. Or select a Branch if multi branch is set up on your CFPwinMan
  3. Click the Landlord
  4. Click Payment
    1. Incl - Untick the expense item which you want to split payment
    2. Tick Split Expense. The expense will automatically split in two, highlighted in green 
      1. One expense line will be ticked, this is the amount which can be paid from money available
      2. Second line will not be ticked, this is the balance of the expense to be carried forward 
    3. Click Preview
      1. Expense line one will show as an expense and be deducted from the Landlord Payment
      2. Expense line two will show as an Expense Carried Forward
      3. Both expenses will make it clear each expense came from a higher total
    4. Click Update to continue with the Landlord Payment
      For more information on How do I pay a Landlord, click here


 Did you know...

There is also a troubleshooting article on How do I know if a Contractor has been paid?, which you may find useful