How do I reverse a Contractor payment?

Zenya Allen
Zenya Allen
  • Updated

The steps below show you how you can reverse a Contractor payment, if the statement has been updated in error.

The automated reversal process will reverse the last statement that was produced providing the AutoBanking report hasn't been updated.

 Best practice

Before reversing a Contractor payment, we would recommend that you have an up to date CFPwinMan back up

To run the automated reversal process:

  1. Click Miscellaneous on the main toolbar
  2. Click Contractor Statement Reversal from the dropdown menu
  3. Statement Reversal will display. Click the ... to search for the Contractor whose statement you want to reverse
  4. Search for the relevant Contractor using Search Text by Name, Code or Status
    1. Alternatively, find the Contractor using Additional Options from the dropdown menu
    2. Or select a Branch if multi branch is set up on your CFPwinMan
  5. Click on the Contractor
    1. If there is a statement available to reverse, the Contractor details and the date of their last statement will appear
    2. Double click the line of the statement to reverse
      1. Ensure you answer the series of messages as they appear, click either Yes, No or Cancel
      2. Click Yes if you are sure the statement described is the one which you want to reverse
      3. A print confirmation will appear. Click OK confirming the reversal is complete

A record of the Contractor payment reversal will appear:

  • In the History Log with an entry of Reversed Contractor Statement, ref:, dated and reversed date
  • On the Holding A/C where there will be an entry of Reverse Payment to Contractor 
  • On Pay Contractor where you will see all the transactions on the reversed statement 

 Did you know...

There is also a troubleshooting article on Reversing a Contractor payment which you may find useful